Nationally Competitive Industry Graduate Fellowships
These are just a few of the major fellowship programs; more will be added on an on-going basis. The majority of fellowships have deadlines ranging from September to January and require institutional nomination/assistance.
Adobe Research Fellowship
Here at Adobe Research, we create innovative technologies for our software products to better serve consumers, creative professionals, developers, and enterprises. We bring together the smartest, most driven people we can find. We allow them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity, while providing them with the necessary resources, support and autonomy to shape their ideas into tangible results. Fellowships are offered in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Content Intelligence
- Document Intelligence
- Human Computer Interaction
- Natural Language Processing
- AR, VR & 360 Photography
- Computer Vision, Imaging & Video
- Data Intelligence
- Graphics (2D & 3D)
- Intelligent Agents & Assistants
- Systems & Languages
Collaboration with the academic community plays a fundamental role in this process. Our research model blends our goal of business impact and our desire to collaborate with researchers outside of Adobe. Our lab maintains collaborations with well over fifty university partners, including both students and faculty. As a next natural step in supporting this ongoing relationship, we are pleased to invite applications to the Adobe Research Fellowship.
The Adobe Research Fellowship recognizes outstanding graduate students anywhere in the world carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe. If chosen for the Adobe Research Fellowship, you will be honored with:
– A $10,000 award paid once.
– A Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year.
– May get the opportunity to interview for an internship at Adobe.
Applications for the 2022 program will open on July 30, 2021 and will close on September 8, 2021.
Facebook Fellowship Program
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. People of diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
The Fellowship award includes:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
Applications for the 2022 program will open on August 3, 2021 and will close on September 20, 2021. Awardees will be notified by January 2022.
Google PhD Fellowship Program
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networkin
Applications for the 2022 program will open on September 1, 2021 and will close on September 30, 2021. Awardees will be notified by January 2022.
IBM Fellowship Program
The IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Data Science
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit: https://www.research.ibm.com/university/awards/fellowships.html
Microsoft PhD Fellowship
The Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship has supported hundreds of fellows over the last two decades, many of whom have gone on to work within the Microsoft Research organization. Others have gone on to perform pioneering research elsewhere within the technology industry or accept faculty appointments at leading universities.
Provisions of the award:
- Tuition and fees are covered for two academic years (2022–23 and 2023–24).
- A $42,000 USD stipend is provided to help with living expenses while in school for two academic years . The stipend is not expected to cover all living expenses; it can be used for expenses including, but not limited to, childcare, conference fees and travel, research equipment, meals, rent, etc.
- An invitation to the PhD Summit: a two-day workshop in the fall hosted by Microsoft Research where fellows will meet with Microsoft researchers and other top students to share their research. We hope to offer both a virtual and in-person participation option; we will continue to monitor local and national health and safety guidance and may hold a completely virtual event if advisable.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/academic-program/phd-fellowship/
If you do not meet the criteria, you may be eligible for other academic research awards found on our Academic Programs page. Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers. We are always looking for the best and brightest talent and celebrate individuality. We invite candidates to come as they are and do what they love.
NVIDIA Grad Fellowship
NVIDIA has long believed that investing in university talent is beneficial to the industry and key to our continued growth and success. The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program provides funding in the amount of up to $50,000 per award to PhD students who are researching topics that will lead to major advances in accelerated computing and its applications. NVIDIA particularly invites submissions from students pushing the envelope in artificial intelligence, robotics, autonomous vehicles, and related fields. We select students each year who have the talent, aptitude and initiative to work closely with us early in their careers. Recipients not only receive crucial funding for their research, but are able to conduct groundbreaking work with access to NVIDIA products, technology and some of the most talented minds in the field. In addition, the Fellowship includes a summer internship preceding the Fellowship year.
The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program is open to applicants worldwide. Eligible graduate students will have already completed their first year of Ph.D. level studies at the time of application in the areas of computer science, computer engineering, system architecture, electrical engineering or a related area. In addition, applicants must also be available for a mandatory summer internship that must precede the Fellowship award year.
The application period for the 2022-2023 academic year is now open and will close on September 8, 2021.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit: http://research.nvidia.com/graduate-fellowships.