Nationally Competitive Industry Graduate Fellowships
These are just a few of the major fellowship programs; more will be added on an on-going basis. The majority of fellowships have deadlines from September – January and require institutional nomination/assistance.
Adobe Research Fellowship
Here at Adobe Research, we create innovative technologies for our software products to better serve consumers, creative professionals, developers, and enterprises. We bring together the smartest, most driven people we can find. We allow them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity, while providing them with the necessary resources, support and autonomy to shape their ideas into tangible results. Fellowships are offered in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Content Intelligence
- Document Intelligence
- Human Computer Interaction
- Natural Language Processing
- AR, VR & 360 Photography
- Computer Vision, Imaging & Video
- Data Intelligence
- Graphics (2D & 3D)
- Intelligent Agents & Assistants
- Systems & Languages
Collaboration with the academic community plays a fundamental role in this process. Our research model blends our goal of business impact and our desire to collaborate with researchers outside of Adobe. Our lab maintains collaborations with well over fifty university partners, including both students and faculty. As a next natural step in supporting this ongoing relationship, we are pleased to invite applications to the Adobe Research Fellowship.
The Adobe Research Fellowship recognizes outstanding graduate students anywhere in the world carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe. If chosen for the Adobe Research Fellowship, you will be honored with:
– A $10,000 award paid once.
– A Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year.
– May get the opportunity to interview for an internship at Adobe.
Find out how this fellowship has transformed the lives of some of our most recent recipients.
*Scholarship America will accept up to 250 completed applications that meet our eligibility requirements, and after that point, the system will be closed. This application system will remain upon until December 4, 2020 at 3 pm CST OR until 250 applications are accepted.
Diversity of thought and experience strengthens our teams and helps us create great products and services for our diverse customers around the world. In order to attract, hire and develop candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, we work to ensure inclusivitiy and fairness in our sourcing, interview and hiring processes.
IBM Fellowship Program
The IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. There is a limit of 3 nominations per department and the deadline is October 23, 2020. Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Data Science
Facebook Fellowship Program
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. People of diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
The Fellowship award includes:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Apply at: https://research.fb.com/fellowship/ by October 1, 2020
NVIDIA Grad Fellowship
The NVIDIA Grad Fellowship is open. We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. We’ve just launched our 20th Annual Graduate Fellowship Program, which advances the frontiers of science by awarding grants and providing technical support to graduate students who are doing outstanding GPU-based research.
We’re especially seeking doctoral students pushing the envelope in accelerated computing, artificial intelligence, robotics, autonomous vehicles, and related fields. Our Graduate Fellowship awards are up to $50,000 per student. These grants will be awarded in the 2021-2022 academic year.
Since its inception in 2002, the NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program has awarded 170 Ph.D. graduate students with grants that have helped accelerate their research efforts. More importantly, this funding has helped some students achieve major breakthroughs in their research – breakthroughs that may not have been possible without additional funding.
The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program is open to applicants worldwide. The deadline for submitting applications is September 11, 2020. Eligible graduate students will have already completed their first year of Ph.D. level studies at the time of application in the areas of computer science, computer engineering, system architecture, electrical engineering or a related area. In addition, applicants must also be available for a mandatory summer internship that must precede the Fellowship award year.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit http://research.nvidia.com/graduate-fellowships.
Microsoft PhD Fellowship
The Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship has supported hundreds of fellows over the last two decades, many of whom have gone on to work within the Microsoft Research organization. Others have gone on to perform pioneering research elsewhere within the technology industry or accept faculty appointments at leading universities.
- Nominations from the university closed August 14, 2020
- PhD student nominees received an invitation email on August 21, 2020 to submit their proposal
- Proposals accepted through September 21, 2020
- Letters of recommendation accepted through September 21, 2020
- Finalists notified in early November 2020 and interviewed virtually that month
- Recipients announced by January 31, 2021
Provisions of the 2021 award
- Tuition and fees are covered for two academic years (2021–22 and 2022–23).
- A $42,000 USD stipend is provided to help with living expenses while in school for two academic years (2021-22 and 2022-23). The stipend is not expected to cover all living expenses; it can be used for expenses including, but not limited to, childcare, conference fees and travel, research equipment, meals, rent, etc.
- An invitation to the PhD Summit: a two-day workshop in the fall hosted by Microsoft Research where fellows will meet with Microsoft researchers and other top students to share their research. We hope to offer both a virtual and in-person participation option; we will continue to monitor local and national health and safety guidance and may hold a completely virtual event if advisable.
If you do not meet the criteria, you may be eligible for other academic research awards found on our Academic Programs page. Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers. We are always looking for the best and brightest talent and celebrate individuality. We invite candidates to come as they are and do what they love.