Tech Manufacturing Job Posting: Manufacturing Engineer Intern/Co-Op
1. Tech Description: Tech Manufacturing specializes in the CNC machining of complex, thin-walled, monolithic, hard metal and aluminum parts and kitting to satisfy aerospace production requirements. Tech is equipped with 5-axis machines capable of milling aluminum and hard metals and is proficient in small to large, complex aerospace parts and light assemblies.
2. Job Description: Tech Manufacturing is seeking an intern, interested in pursuing a career in engineering, to fill the role of Planner/Estimator within our manufacturing engineering department. The candidate’s primary functions are as follows:
a. Manufacturing Planner: Responsible for releasing detailed work instructions for production based on customer supplied documents.
b. Manufacturing Estimator: Responsible for providing detailed component and labor cost analysis based on customer supplied documents.
3. Type of Job: Internship/Co-op
4. Salary: Commensurate with experience
5. Period of Performance: Spring and Summer 2020. Actual dates to be negotiated.
6. Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Minimum 40 hours per week.
7. Required Skills: Strong knowledge of Excel and Word. Ability to create spreadsheets to calculate cost and analyze results. Experience in one of the following CAD software packages; SolidWorks, CATIA, UG NX. Ability to work under compressed time requirements.
8. Extended Job Description: Intern will gain knowledge in the following areas:
a. Knowledge of machining, programming methodology, setups, and metal cutting.
b. Strong knowledge of Excel and Word. Ability to create spreadsheets to calculate cost and analyze results. Ability to work under compressed time requirements.
c. Ability to review and interpret engineering prints, notes, specifications. Ability to convey these requirements to others so accurate costs and times can be provided.
d. Ability to review and interpret model based definition.
e. Ability to quote cycle times and requirements for new jobs.
f. Ability to communicate with customers and suppliers in order to convey and understand requirements and costs.
g. Ability to summarize complex production and cost scenarios and convey to senior management.
h. Ability to delegate responsibility and to coordinate with Engineering, Scheduling, and Plant Managers to achieve required production goals.
i. Ability to manage concurrent activities and lead others to deliver quotes in customer required time frames.