The Spectrum Internship Experience
Who is Spectrum? We are a Connectivity Company. We connect our customers to superior communications and entertainment products with the highest quality service.
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Our internship will provide you:
- Paid, full-time work experience that offers exposure to business culture.
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have in a dynamic, forward-thinking business setting.
- Hands-on experience at an industry-leading telecommunications company
- Assigned mentor and interactions with senior executives to help you accomplish practical goals you can add to your résumé.
Begin your career journey with Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
You will spend your summer working on
As an Intern you will gain exposure to creating, developing, modifying, enhancing, and implementing software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. This includes creating C# scripts and SQL queries to automate tasks requested by the business and debugging existing code for resolution of errors.
What you will bring with you
You are a motivated and driven student who is currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program and you must have a graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025.
We seek students with a 3.0 GPA or higher majoring in Information Technology or Computer Science.
This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 29, 2024, through August 2, 2024. This internship is located in Maryland Heights, MO.
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Experience with C# coding and writing SQL queries.
- Analytical skills
- Collaboration skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Drives results through effective project and time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to work 100% in office
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program