Who We Are:
Our team produces innovative solutions for sensing and understanding the world, transforming reality into digitized reality. By applying novel Machine Learning (Deep Learning) techniques, we create intelligent automated systems that sense, think, and act in the real world.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join project teams to research and develop new autonomy-related objectives for SwRI clients.
- Identify and pursue new research directions for current and emerging technologies in machine learning.
- Find new applications, industries, and clients for novel automation capabilities.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning software solutions for various artificial intelligent system applications.
- Interact with team members to discuss technical solutions to problems.
- Develop tools and techniques to improve our team’s research and development capability.
- Interact with clients (and potential clients) to discuss and propose technical solutions to unique problems.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters or a PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 0 – 5 years: BS candidates must have relevant academic research and/or internship experience.
- MS and PhD candidates must have completed graduate work related to machine learning, computer vision, software development, or robotics.
- Training in perception (computer vision/image processing, LIDAR and/or radar) software solutions for various intelligent system applications.
- C++, python, and ROS experience required.
- C# experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well both individually and as a member of a project team.
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace