Candidate should be an engineering student with a strong interest in mechanical engineering, energy efficiency, building systems and building technologies.
The candidate would work closely with the engineering and analytics teams to develop innovative and effective ways to reduce and manage energy consumption in existing facilities and to provide quality assurance on new construction projects.
Sitton Energy Solutions is an innovative engineering consulting firm focused on helping clients reduce energy, water, and operational costs. Our unique approach combines engineering and data analytics to optimize the performance of facilities and maximize the owner’s return on investment.
Potential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Site survey and data collection
- Review of building drawings, building automation system and other facility data
- Assist with energy audits and retro-commissioning studies and implementation
- Assist with commissioning of new construction and renovations
- Assist with monitoring-based commissioning, analyzing facility performance using Fault Detection & Diagnostics software
- Assist with utility benchmarking and monitoring using analytics software
- Prepare and manage project tasks to ensure scope, schedule, budget and expectations are met
Benefits of a Sitton Internship:
- Direct contribution to maximizing our clients’ return-on-investment:
o Saving energy/money
o Capturing utility incentives
o Improving operation and maintenance
o Improving occupant comfort/health/productivity
o Decreasing carbon footprints
- Exposure to large and complex building systems and projects
- Exposure to cutting edge analytics technology
- Being part of an entrepreneurial team
- Our focus on the growth and development of our interns