The Engineering Co-op Student provides mechanical and/or electrical design support in the development of new components and products as well as in the improvement in performance, reliability and cost of existing components and products. This individual will translate high level design concepts from our design engineers and new product development teams into detailed part drawings/specifications and take the lead in performing testing. Through this work the student will have the opportunity to get hands on experience and coaching to learn motor design principles and applications. In this role, the Co-op Student will:
- Perform testing to support customer requests and inquiries.
- Support manufacturing design or process change requests.
- Use and interpretation of analytical and test equipment.
- Exposure and experience in working with global cross functional teams.
- Participate in development projects by executing design and documentation.
- Lead design change investigations with the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for learning about and using mechanical and/or electrical design tools to develop new designs and optimize those that already exist. Good listening, communication and technical comprehension skills are required to develop successful designs in a team environment.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Mechanical, Electrical or a relevant Engineering.
- No experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills amongst global and cross functional teams, with a high attention to details.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-directed work ethic. A positive, can-do, whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Ability to create specific action plans, prioritize time and resources effectively.
- Advanced relationship and team building skills with high level of integrity and energy.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Basic 3D modeling knowledge