Messer is the world’s largest privately held industrial gases company and what we do matters because it is woven into every part of life, from the medical gases that patients rely on to the essential elements needed to safely and sustainably produce the goods our communities depend on.
The true strength of Messer is our people—at every level and in every role.
Join us and take pride in the impact you will make by providing solutions essential to our world and lives. Reach your highest potential at our stable, inclusive company with diverse opportunities in a growing industry, supported by people who care.
Messer stands apart because we put what matters first, and you matter.
- To create, grow, and maintain sales of industrial gas products and technical solutions to new and existing customers in specific industries; (e.g., Chemical, Energy and Environmental)
- To be the technical expert that differentiates Messer from competition and drives profitable sales using the Messer Pro sales process for both the acquisition of new customers and the growth and retention of existing customers.
- Differentiate Messer’s equipment and solution offerings from competitors by understanding prospect/customer needs and objectives and applying creativity, innovation, and a value-added sale approach.
- Supports the sales and market segment personnel (e.g., opportunity qualification, design of technical solution and determination of value creation, understanding of customer/prospect feedback regarding solution, support in development of solution cost, proposal development for technical solutions) in winning business in a team effort. Gains understanding of competitive gas supply contract terms.
- Maintains the existing customer base through customer process knowledge and technical expertise and assists in relationship selling.
- Responsible for obtaining insight regarding industry trends and opportunities for development of new application technologies or improvement of existing equipment.
- Builds relationships with multiple functions (e.g., operations, maintenance, engineering) in prospect/customer organizations.
- Develops and employs industry network (e.g., industry players, complimentary equipment/service providers, academics) to enhance Messer prioritization and performance.
- Responsible for applications equipment/technical solution design for the target industry working closely with the Applications Equipment Engineering team.
- Responsible for actions that are precursors to successful value creation through application of technical solutions such as customer process audits, and safety training and awareness activities.
- Maintains technical knowledge and competence in company’s applications technologies and services as well as alternative and competitive technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Petroleum or Environmental Engineering (Preferred)
- At least five years of experience applying or designing and selling technical solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Travel required up to 50%
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, writing and listening skills
- Ability to influence and engage at multiple levels and with key functions (e.g., operating, engineering, maintenance, and management) within customer/prospect organizations as well as within Messer.
- Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities/ demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Identify decision-makers and influencers and engage appropriately.
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking
- BLT – Believability, Likability, Trust
- Business Acumen
- Passion to win; Stamina
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize effectively
- Analytical skills
Messer’s safety culture, commitment to providing dependable supply and innovative gas technology solutions help customers unlock opportunities to be safer, more sustainable, more productive and more efficient, so their business thrives. We nurture lasting, meaningful relationships with customers, our communities, and with one another.
We offer comprehensive benefits and appreciable pay, with steady schedules and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression. We prioritize and invest in our people at every level of our organization – the dedication, knowledge, customer focus and entrepreneurial spirit of our employees is what make Messer refreshingly different.