The possibilities at the intersection of medicine and technology are endless, which means endless opportunities to make your mark on the world. With access to research, tools, and expertise, you’ll expand your view of the human body and technology, redefining care for people around the world.
Our interns do real work within experienced teams to improve lives two people every second. Here you can:
- Get real world, hands on experience that demonstrates appropriate interactions with all hospital service providers: instrumentation support, operating room experience, Health Care Provider (HCP) interaction
- Learn about the Spine surgical procedures, instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Help build solutions for the surgeon’s “plan of care” as appropriate to the type of spine surgical procedure.
- Collaborate on selling opportunities and work closely with a more experienced Spine Sales Representative to increase sales in their respective accounts.
- Build your confidence and skills at the world leader in technology solutions for healthcare.
You have learned a lot to get here — we want you to keep growing. With our expanding portfolio of innovative products and services, Medtronic is the global leader in delivering healthcare solutions for over 70+ disease states in 150+ countries.
These full-time, paid positions that are 12 weeks in length. We offer housing assistance (for out of state interns), relocation expense reimbursement, and educational and social events throughout the summer.
We have Spine Summer Associate Rep internship opportunities available across the U.S; including Minnesota, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Arizona, Massachusetts, Tennessee and Florida.
A Day in the Life
Under the direction of a more experienced Spine Sales Rep, your core responsibilities include:
· Gaining exposure to Inventory Management, Case Coverage, and Selling (outside the operating room)
· Participating in regularly scheduled business reviews and training as directed
· Assisting in resolving customer complaints in accordance with Medtronic Spinal policies
· Gaining experience with training and medical education laboratories (including cadaver labs)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.