EMERGE is Cardinal Health’s early career, rotational development program designed to accelerate the path to leadership and develop well-rounded utility players within a functional discipline. The program is geared towards recent college graduates interested in the healthcare industry that are searching for a challenging, rewarding career, in a fast-paced environment. The goal of the EMERGE program is to create a bench of future leaders to support the long-term talent strategy and direction of Cardinal Health.
Location: Nationwide (May include, but are not limited to California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, etc. Applicants must be open to relocation.)
Start Date: July 6, 2021
Why Choose the Engineering R&D EMERGE Program?
Participants have the opportunity to develop strong research and development knowledge and build relationships through exposure to challenging assignments and diverse experiences. Participants will gain valuable experience in an engineering environment that designs break-through products and solutions for the healthcare industry.
Participants will complete three 12-month rotations. Rotations will be determined based on business needs and may include, but are not limited to:
· Design medical/surgical products in one of our manufacturing businesses by partnering with other product development engineers, regulatory affairs, marketing, quality/assurance, outside suppliers and surgeons.
· Improve processes and implement design enhancements by working closely with other research and development engineers.
· Investigate new medical technologies to build technology assessment and research skills.
Accountabilities in this role:
· Analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
· Quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
· Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
· Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
· Must be willing to be work in a manufacturing environment
Cardinal Health recruits current, full-time students who have a combination of the following requirements:
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical, Materials, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field
· Expected graduation of winter 2020 or spring 2021, preferred
· Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
· Previous internship experience, preferred
· Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
· Participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service
· Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States with no requirement for future sponsorship
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a drug test, completion of a background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the EMERGE Program visit cardinalhealth.com/college.
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with approximately 50,000 employees in 46 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.