Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
As an Allegion Process Engineering Intern, you will contribute meaningful work and make a direct impact to the Process Innovation Team. You will gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced production environment, working with the latest technologies and helping to improve Allegion’s overall production process. Additional opportunities include getting to troubleshoot machinery, design fixturing as well as be a part of a fun, dynamic team.
If you are seeking a summer experience that offers meaningful work, learning opportunities, professional development and an opportunity to build strong relationships with your peers and leaders, Allegion is the right place for you!
Due to the nature of this role, please keep in mind this position will require onsite work. All safety guidelines surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic must be observed.
What You Will Do:
- Scan all equipment related paper prints into electronic files.
- Transfer 2D CAD drawings to Creo starting with all 4040 fixturing effected by the 4040 Refresh.
- Perform time studies and set cycle times for production.
- Assist support teams in development of digital TAKT sheets implementation.
- Develop standard work and job instructions for operations.
- Gain knowledge in structured problem-solving approach, including but not limited to A3, 9-step, & 8-D.
- Gain understanding of Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis, Design of Experiments.
- Attend training opportunities deemed necessary by management.
- Obtain the experience to create a foundation for growth and future opportunities with Allegion
What You Need to Succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative e.g. school club officer, sports team captain, resident advisor, leadership on school or work projects, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Creo, MS Office Suite (excel, word, power point).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Solid written and verbal communication as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Organized with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and in independent situations, and exercise good judgment to reach sound conclusions
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, schedules, rules, procedures, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and perform from various documents, including method sheets, assembly drawings, production reports, safety rules, blueprints, printed shop schedules, Kanban cards/boards, operating maintenance instruction and procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to properly identify components and gain extensive parts knowledge
- Effective listening, time management and creative problem-solving techniques
- A desire to learn, grow and develop by working on projects that will impact Allegion’s business and customers
Regardless of your degree, Allegion is a great place to begin your career.
You should consider starting your career with us if:
- You share our vision at https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html of seamless access and a safer world
- You share our purpose of creating peace of mind by pioneering safety & security
- You want to build a robust network of experienced and talented professionals
- You want to work for an industry leader and alongside a team of experts
- You are eager to take initiative and take ownership of exciting projects
- You are ready to embrace the Allegion culture and values at https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html#serve and develop lifelong connections with your teammates
What You’ll Get From Us:
- An opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team that collaborates on real, hands-on projects
- Professional Growth through exposure to our executive team, leadership-led lunch & learn sessions and mentor/mentee relationships
- Meaningful time to network and get to know your peers through Allegion sponsored activities hosted by the Talent Attraction Team
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at mailto:mailto%3ASpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com . at mailto:mailto%3ASpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer at https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/equal-opportunity.html
Join Our Talent Network
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.