Most interviews are currently happening over phone or video. It may be tempting to prep the same way you would for traditional, in-person interviews. Indeed, some of the content of the conversation may be similar. However, it’s critical to consider how lighting, internet connection, microphone equipment, and other elements can impact the impression you’ll make.
Advance practice and prep will ensure that you’re prepared. Taking care of the technical and environmental factors ahead of time will allow you to focus on the questions and be your best, polished self. Check out these additional resources to rock your next interview.
- Interview Basics: What to Wear, Questions to Expect, How to Follow-up, and More
- Tips For Online Interviews
- Phone Interview Tips to Help You Nail the Call
- Interviewing for a Virtual Role? Habits You May Be Asked and How to Answer
- Practice with Big Interview – An On-line Mock Interview Resource Free to All WashU Students
- Schedule a Mock Interview with a Career Advisor